Rules and policies are in place to make sure your child remains safe and well at school.
Visit the NSW Department of Education’s policy library for all current operational policies.
Our school uses the department's School Community Charter to ensure all of our communication is collaborative and respectful.
Attendance and absences
Students must attend school regularly so they can achieve their educational best and increase their career and life options.
In NSW, all children from the age of 6 are legally required to attend school or be registered for home schooling through the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). All students must complete Year 10, or its equivalent.
Young people below the age of 17 who have completed Year 10 must be:
in school, or registered for home schooling
in approved education or training, such as a traineeship, apprenticeship or TAFE
in full-time paid employment (average 25 hours a week)
in a combination of work, education and/or training (average of 25 hours a week combined).
Students 17 years and over who are enrolled in school must attend school regularly to meet HSC course requirements.
As a parent or carer, you are responsible for ensuring your child attends school every day when they are of compulsory school age. You must explain all absences to the school within 7 days.
For more information about compulsory school attendance, visit:
Values are taught in the classroom to help our students to:
- develop a love of learning
- pursue excellence and high standards
- develop care and respect for themselves and others
- take pride in their work
- exhibit a strong sense of fairness and social justice
- have respect for and understanding of Australia's history including the cultures and experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the first peoples of Australia, and Australia as a multicultural society
- have an appreciation of Australia's history and multicultural society
- actively participate as citizens.
All students are expected to:
- attend school every day, unless they are legally excused
- be in class on time and prepared to learn
- maintain a neat appearance and follow the school uniform policy
- behave safely, considerately and responsibly including when traveling to and from school
- follow class rules, speak courteously and cooperate with instructions and learning activities
- treat staff, other students and members of the school community with dignity and respect
- care for property belonging to themselves, the school and others.
Any behavior that infringes on other people's safety such as harassment, bullying or any illegal behavior will not be tolerated at our school.